I think we can all agree - Stranger Things is so bad ass! From the Stephen King-esque intro, to camera shots distinctly reminiscent of Spielberg films, to adventures that the Goonies would gladly participate in. I only have high praises for this show and please Netflix continue this show!
Like with anything that I watch, I am always seeking out to appreciate some fashion. There are a lot of fun fashion moments happening in this show (Eleven's makeover = definite fashion goals). But there is a little thing that I have been truly obsessing over... Nancy's taupe-y/greyige LeSportsac messenger bag!
I used to use LeSportsac bags in early 2000 (thank you Gwen for the introduction). I adored the chic L.A.M.B. ones and I used an awesome leopard one for college. One day I just got burned out and stopped wearing them, so it's been about 8 years since I enjoyed one of these bags.
Then Nancy came along and reminded me why I loved these bags:
1. Pockets! No matter what size you get, these are roomy and loaded with pockets. Now that I'm older and way more organized, I can really appreciate this.
2. Nylon. Durable like leather, but isn't trying to be leather. Some fake leather handbags can look great and others just look so bad, with nylon you don't have to analyze any of this.
3. Vintage Vibes. LeSportsac came out in the Seventies which I love being a vintage admirer. With LeSportsac you can have a vintage style purse without the thrift store smell.
4. That slouch! There is just something about slouchy purses that I love and I can't quite explain. Maybe it's the boho in me, or maybe it's the way it drapes like clothing, but I love that slouch.
5. SO many designs. There is a style, print and color for every mood. The possibilities feel endless.
Here are some vintage ones I found that I wish would come back:
Since I can't find any vintage ones I like for sale, here are some new ones that would totally hold me over:
My favorite places to find LeSportsacs: Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx, Poshmark, Lyst. You can often find them discounted which I am totally down for!
So let's go find cute bags and take them on our Goonies adventure!
X O : AJ